To provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to safely operate a 360 Excavator below 10 tonnes, delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training and exercises.
- Operate the mini excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Which routine adjustments and service procedures are necessary and how to carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment
- CPCS theory & practical tests
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant CITB Health Safety & Environment touchscreen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
Failure to arrive on the course with the relevant test completed and in date, will result in your not being permitted to undertake the exams at the end of the course. No refund will be given for exams cancelled as a result of you not having the relevant test completed.
More information can be found on the CITB website.
A good understanding of spoken and written English is also required.
This course will give delegates a CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of CPCS Technical Tests).