First Aid at Work - Refresher Course is approved by the SQA and conforms to the Health and Safety Legislation (First Aid) 1981. It is meant to refresh the capabilities of delegates seeking to renew their existing 3-day First Aid at work certificate. This course requires preparing for at least 12 hours and is conducted for two days. The applicants qualified in first aid at work must apply for this course within three years of their certification.
- Assess and prioritise an event involving first aid
- Dealing with an accidental injury
- AED (Use of an AED, Survival chain, safety considerations)
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR)
- Checks bleeding and handle shock
- Treating a wide variety of serious injuries and diseases before medical care arrives
- Retain the first aid records
- Using and maintaining the First Aid Kits
- Treat the muscle, bone, and joint injuries
- Manage the survivor who suffers burns and scalds
- Handle the eye lesions
- Dealing with fumes by managing the injuries or poisoning
In particular, this course is for all those applicants who want to renew their valid First aid at work certificate.
All the applicants applying for the first aid at work - refresher course should have a first at work certificate. If in case their certification has expired or is no longer valid, then you cannot apply for this course. Lastly, the applicant should be of at least 16 years old or more.
After you complete the first aid at work - refresher course, you will get the certificate which is valid for three years. This first aid at work - refresher course follows the criteria laid down by the Health and Safety Regulations.