This course is to share knowledge on the responsibility of a site manager within the construction industry.
By the end the course, knowledge in the following areas will be covered:
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
Candidates who already hold the SMSTS certificate looking to renew should attend this course.
Candidates must be able to provide an in date SMSTS certificate to be eligible for the refresher version of this course.
Candidates must have a good understanding of written and oral English.
Site Safety Plus SMSTS certificate valid for 5 years, candidates must complete the refresher version of the SMSTS before the expiration of the certificate to renew.