Learn Construction is accredited to provide IPAF Safety Harness Use and Inspection Course. This course is designed to provide training to learners on how to safely use harnesses and lanyards when using a range of MEWPS (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms).
- Understand health and safety at work legislation and regulations
- Identify all types of arrest and restraint equipment
- Select fall arrest and restraint equipment
- Ability to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspect, maintain, monitor, fit and correctly use a harness
- Shock-absorbing lanyards and fall arrest blocks
- Anchor points and connectors
- Care, storage and maintenance of equipment
- Inspection of harness
- Manufacturers instruction manual (MIM) and associated paperwork
- Achievement testing
The IPAF Harness Use And Inspection course is for people who use, supervise or manage the use of MEWPS (mobile elevating work platforms) and are required to inspect, select and use appropriate lanyards and safety harnesses.
No formal qualification or experience is necessary for IPAF Harness Use And Inspection course, however, it would be beneficial if candidates had a basic understanding of the working at height regulations. In addition to this, applicants should be at least 16 years old, physically fit and have a good understanding of the English language.
Also, the candidates are required to bring suitable PPE with them such as safety harness, hard hat, steel-capped boots, high visibility vest and safety gloves. If you do not have them, we can provide it for a small fee.
At the end of the IPAF Harness Use and Inspection training course, the learners will take a short theory and practical assessment. On successful completion, they will be awarded an IPAF certificate of competence, which is valid for 5 years.