The IPAF Scissor 3A training course enables the candidates to manoeuvre, drive and position scissor lifts and mobile vertical personnel platforms safely and proficiently. It also allows the learners to prepare and safely use scissor lifts. Our course provides both theory and practical training and it is a one-day training course.
- Understand operational hazards
- Understand the limitations of the machine application
- Know the benefits and procedures of pre-operational inspections
- Understand the benefits and procedures of full function testing
- Identification of specific site hazards
- Benefits and procedure of full function testing
- Using a safety harness
- Raising and lowering the platform correctly and safely
- Awareness of accident prevention, health and safety regulation and control
IPAF Scissor 3A training course is beneficial for anyone responsible for the safe use of powered access platforms or scissor lifts.
To take our IPAF Scissor 3A training course no formal qualifications or experience are necessary, but it is beneficial if candidates have a basic understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Working at Height Regulations. The candidates need to be 16 years and above and medically fit to operate machinery.
Also, the candidates are required to bring suitable PPE such as a hard hat, steel-capped boots, high visibility vest, safety harness and safety gloves.
At the end of the IPAF Scissor 3A training theory session, candidates will take a short theory test which, if they pass, will allow taking the practical session. On successful completion of the course, the candidates will be awarded an IPAF PAL card valid for five years.