Fall from height continues to be the leading cause of major injuries and even death. Most of these injuries can be prevented with proper equipment and training. So, we have designed our Management Of Mobile Access Towers course for managers and supervisors who have the responsibility for overseeing the work of operatives, where a guarantee of proper planning and organisation is required. It will equip the learners with ensuring that those carrying out the work are competent and properly trained and that mobile access towers are correctly inspected and maintained.
- Understanding of current legislation, regulations and guidance affecting work at height with mobile access towers
- Understanding PASMA Code of Practice
- Assembling, altering and dismantling mobile access towers safely and securely
- Erecting a mobile tower safely
- Good practices for fall protection
- Working at height safety measures
- Conduct proper risk assessments for use of mobile access towers
This course is beneficial for people who are responsible for overseeing the work of operatives on site ensuring that work is properly planned and organised and that those involved in carrying out the task are skilled and properly trained as well as the towers are correctly inspected and maintained.
There is no formal qualification or experience necessary for the course. However, candidates having a good working knowledge of the Work at Height Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 would be desirable.
On successful completion of the course, both theory and assessment sessions, a PASMA certificate and photo card will be issued to candidates. Both these certificate and card are valid for 5 years.